9/2/07

The HKEx Project -- SMD

I start working at 3/9/07, where Frankie took me to the HKEx office at noon. My working location is going to be in 17/F of World Wide House (WWH), where some departments of HKEx office locates, the main location of HKEx is at IFC and Exchange Square.

My main working location will be at WWH, but for our (SMD) users they sit at IFC, and the UAT area will be in IFC too, so during UAT we will have to go to IFC from time to time. The SMD server is located in Quarry Bay (QB), when the final production phase of SMD is carried out we may have to go to that station. The servers in HKEx located in several areas: QB or Central (IFC/Exchange Square).

The project I'm going to be involved is the update of Stock Market Database (SMD). It is first deployed in 2003 and it was update periodically thoughout the 4 years. This time, similarily, we are going to enhance the system by following the user requirement.

Although we are contractors, we also work with HKEx IT team, where they call it EBOA (E-business and OA). One of the team (where I work with) is located in WWH, so I just stayed there for work.

No comments: